Installing a receiver is a simple process that anyone can do with a little time and patience. Follow these simple instructions to install your receiver and get your home decorators collection fan up and running.
Checkout this video:
In this article, we will show you how to install a receiver for a Home Decorators Collection Fan. Before beginning this project, please read all instructions carefully and make sure you have all the necessary tools and materials.
You will need:
-Instructions that came with your fan
1. Cut the power to the outlet you will be working on.
2. Remove the receiver cover plate by unscrewing the two screws that hold it in place.
3. Get your new receiver and hold it up to the outlet box so that you can see where the wires need to be connected. The green wire goes to the green screw (this is the ground wire), the white wire goes to the silver screw (this is the neutral wire), and the black wire goes to the brass screw (this is the hot wire).
4. Once you have determined where the wires need to go, use your screwdriver to loosen each of the screws until they are loose enough to easily slide a wire underneath.
5. Connect each wire to its corresponding screw (green to green, white to silver, black hot), and then tighten each of the screws until they are snug against the wires. Make sure that all connections are secure before moving on.
6. Place your receiver back into its housing and secure it in place with the two screws you removed earlier.
7) Turn on power at fuse box or breaker panel
Tools and Materials
In order to install your new receiver, you will need the following tools and materials:
-A Phillips head screwdriver
-A flathead screwdriver
-A pair of needle-nose pliers
-The receiver (attached to the bottom of the fan)
-The remote control (that came with the fan)
In order to install a receiver for a Home Decorators Collection fan, you will need the following materials:
– A receiver (one that is compatible with your Home Decorators Collection fan)
– A Phillips head screwdriver
– A power drill (optional)
– Wire strippers
– Wire cutters
– Electrical tape
– An assistant (optional)
1. First, you will need to remove the canopy of the fan. To do this, locate the screws at the top of the canopy and loosen them with a Phillips head screwdriver. Once the screws are loose, the canopy can be removed.
2. Next, locate the wires coming from the motor. These will be connected to the black, white, and green wires coming from the house. Using your wire strippers, strip ½ inch of insulation off of each of these wires.
3. Take your receiver and connect the black wire from the receiver to the black wire from the motor. Do this by twist them together and then wrapping electrical tape around where they meet. Repeat this process for the white and green wires.
4. Once all three wires are connected to both the motor and receiver, you can tuck all of the excess wire into the canopy so that it is out of sight.
5. Screw the canopy back onto the fan using your Phillips head screwdriver. Be sure that all screws are tightened securely.
6. Test your fan to make sure that it is working properly before continuing on with installation.
Tips and Tricks
There are a few things you need to know before you start to install a receiver for your Home Decorators Collection ceiling fan. First, turn off the power to the ceiling fan at the circuit breaker. Second, consult the instructions that came with your particular model of fan to ensure compatibility with the receiver you have purchased. Third, be sure to have a ladder or stool handy so that you can easily reach the ceiling.
Once you have gathered all of the necessary materials, follow these easy steps to install your new receiver:
1. Using a Phillips screwdriver, remove the canopy cover from the ceiling fan.
2. Locate the wires coming from the house power supply and twist them together with the corresponding wires from the receiver. Make sure that all of the wire connections are tight.
3. Gently tuck all of the wire connections into the space between the ceiling fan motor housing and the receiver housing. Be careful not to pinch or damage any of the wires while you are doing this.
4. Using a Phillips screwdriver, replace the canopy cover on the ceiling fan. Make sure that it is securely in place so that there is no risk of it coming loose and falling while the ceiling fan is in operation.
5. Turn on power to the ceiling fan at your circuit breaker and test your new receiver by turning on your ceiling fan using its remote control unit.
Once the receiver is installed, follow the instructions included with your remote control to program it. If you have any questions about installation or programming, please call our customer service team at 1-800-466-3337. Thank you for choosing Home Decorators Collection!