- 1.How the rich get their homes decorated
- 2.How the rich hire decorators
- 3.How the rich shop for home decor
- 4.How the rich choose home decor
- 5.How the rich use color in home decor
- 6.How the rich use texture in home decor
- 7.How the rich use pattern in home decor
- 8.How the rich use light in home decor
- 9.How the rich use furniture in home decor
- 10.How the rich use art in home decor
How do the rich decorate their homes? With the best of everything, of course! Find out how to get the same luxurious look for your home without spending a fortune.
Checkout this video:
1.How the rich get their homes decorated
1. How the rich get their homes decorated
2. The benefits of having a home that is well-decorated
3. The best ways to achieve a luxurious look in your home
4. How to get the most out of your home décor budget
2.How the rich hire decorators
In addition to architects and builders, the rich also hire decorators. A decorator is a professional who helps you choose furniture, fabrics, colors, and other materials to give your home a certain look.
If you want to achieve a certain style in your home, such as “modern” or “traditional,” you will need to hire a decorator. A good decorator will be able to help you find the right mix of furniture and artwork that will achieve the look you want.
Decorators usually work with interior designers and architects. If you are building a new home, it is a good idea to hire all three professionals so that they can work together to create the perfect space for you.
3.How the rich shop for home decor
When it comes to shopping for home decor, the rich definitely have a different approach than the rest of us. For starters, they are much more likely to use a professional interior designer to help them select furniture, window treatments, and other decor items. They also are more likely to buy high-end brands and invest in pieces that will last for many years.
Here are some other ways that the rich shop for home decor:
1. They know what they want.
When it comes to home decor, the rich know exactly what they want. They have a clear vision for their space and they make sure to find pieces that fit that vision. This is why they often use professional designers – because they want someone who can help them turn their vision into reality.
2. They are willing to spend more.
The rich understand that quality costs money. When they are shopping for home decor, they are willing to spend more money on high-quality items that will last for many years. They would rather invest in fewer pieces that will stand the test of time than filling their homes with cheap, disposable items.
3. They shop around.
The rich take their time when shopping for home decor. They don’t just go to one store and buy the first thing they see – they shop around until they find exactly what they want. They compare prices and styles and make sure to get the best value for their money.
4.How the rich choose home decor
How the rich choose home decor is quite different from how the middle class or even the lower class does. The reason for this is that those who have money can afford to buy things that are much more expensive and often times, these items are also made of better quality materials. For example, a wealthy person may decide to purchase a piece of art from an up-and-coming artist while someone who is not as wealthy may purchase a print of a well-known painting.
5.How the rich use color in home decor
Evgeny Svetlakov, an interior designer from Moscow, believes that “the use of color in decor is one of the most important aspects of creating a luxurious atmosphere at home.” Here are five ways the rich use color to make their homes look more expensive.
1. They use a lot of white.
White is clean, classic, and always looks expensive. It also makes a space look bigger and brighter, which is why it’s such a popular choice for small apartments and homes with dark interiors.
2. They avoid using too much color.
While the use of color can certainly add interest to a space, too much of it can make a room look cluttered and busy. The rich tend to stick to a limited palette of neutrals and then add pops of color with art, accessories, and accent pieces.
3. They use jewel tones sparingly.
Jewel tones are rich, luxurious colors that can instantly make a space look more expensive. However, they can also be overwhelming if used incorrectly. The key is to use them sparingly and pair them with neutrals to create a cohesive look.
4. They incorporate metallics into their decor.
Gold, silver, and copper are all classic ways to add a touch of luxury to any space. The key is to use them judiciously so that they don’t come across as gaudy or over-the-top. A few well-placed accents can go a long way in making a room look more expensive.
6.How the rich use texture in home decor
Whether it’s the patina of an old table or the grain of a rich wood, texture adds visual and tactile interest to any room. The trick is to use it tastefully so your space looks sophisticated, not overdone.
Here are some tips for incorporating texture into your home decor:
* Use a mix of textures in each room. A few different textures will add interest and depth to a space. But too many different textures can make a room feel cluttered and busy.
* Incorporate texture into both large and small spaces. A textured rug or piece of furniture can add coziness to a large room. And even small accessories can have a big impact when they have interesting textures.
* Use texture to highlight your favorite architectural features. Exposed brick walls, rustic beams, and stucco ceilings are all beautiful features that can be accentuated with the right textured furnishings and accessories.
* Add texture to create a specific mood in a room. If you want a space to feel cozy and inviting, use warm, textured fabrics and materials. If you want a space to feel sleek and modern, use smooth, clean-lined textiles.
7.How the rich use pattern in home decor
Pattern is often thought of as something to be used sparingly, if at all. But the truth is, when used correctly, pattern can add depth, dimension and interest to any space — no matter what your style may be.
In fact, some of the most beautiful homes are those that mix and match different patterns together in a seamless way. If you’re unsure of how to get started, we suggest looking to those who know best: the world’s top interior designers.
From Kelly Wearstler’s playful approach to mixing patterns to Amanda Nisbet’s use of bold geometrics, there’s no shortage of design inspiration to be found. Keep scrolling to see how 7 of the world’s top designers use pattern in their own homes.
8.How the rich use light in home decor
No matter how big or small, every home can benefit from good lighting design. The right mix of task, accent, and ambient lighting can make a huge difference in the overall feel of a space. And while many of us are content with basic fixtures and bulbs, the rich often go above and beyond to create truly unique and luxurious lighting designs.
One of the most popular trends among the wealthy is using LED lights to create customized looks. LEDs are more expensive than traditional incandescent bulbs, but they last much longer and use far less energy. They also come in a wide range of colors and styles, so it’s easy to find ones that fit your aesthetic.
Another popular trend is using dimmers to create different lighting atmospheres. Dimmers allow you to adjust the brightness of your lights, so you can set the perfect mood for any occasion. They’re especially popular in bedrooms and living rooms, where people tend to spend most of their time.
If you really want to go all out, you can install motorized shades or blinds that open and close at the touch of a button. This way, you can let in natural light during the day and block it out when you want to sleep or watch a movie. Motorized shades are also great for security purposes – you can close them if you’re away from home and don’t want people peeking in.
No matter what your budget is, there are plenty of ways to add luxury lighting to your home. So if you’re looking for a simple way to upgrade your space, consider making some changes to your light fixtures!
9.How the rich use furniture in home decor
Furniture is one of the most important aspect of home decoration. It can make your home look bigger, brighter and more stylish. But how do you know which furniture is right for you? And how can you get the look you want without spending a fortune?
Here are some tips on how to use furniture in home decoration, from choosing the right pieces to arranging them in the most stylish way possible:
1. Pick pieces that reflect your style.
The first step in using furniture in home decoration is to choose pieces that reflect your personal style. If you’re a traditionalist, opt for classic pieces like an antique armoire or mahogany dresser. If you’re more contemporary, go for modern pieces like a sleek sofa or glass coffee table.
2. Consider the scale of your furniture.
Another important factor to consider when choosing furniture for your home is the scale of the piece. You want to make sure that it fits properly in the space you have available. For example, if you’re trying to furnish a small living room, consider getting a smaller sofa instead of a larger one. Likewise, if you have a large entryway, go for a grandiose piece like an oversized mirror or an ornate console table.
3. Use Furniture to Create Balance and Visual Interest.
Once you’ve selected the perfect pieces of furniture for your home, it’s time to start thinking about placement. One of the keys to using furniture in home decoration is to create balance and visual interest in each room. Start by placing the largest pieces of furniture first, then fill in around them with smaller pieces and accessories. Pay attention to symmetry and proportion as you arrange your furniture, and don’t be afraid to experiment until you find a layout that looks best to you.
10.How the rich use art in home decor
The wealthy have long understood the value of art in the home, both as a conversation starter and as an investment. While the middle class may view a piece of art as a frivolous expense, the rich know that a well-chosen painting, sculpture or photograph can make their homes more beautiful and increase in value over time.
There are many ways to incorporate art into your home decor, but here are 10 of the most popular methods used by the wealthy:
1. Hang art at eye level: This will ensure that you get the full impact of the piece every time you see it.
2. Use art to fill empty space: Large walls and open spaces can be filled with artwork to create a focal point and add interest.
3. Incorporate art into your furniture: Many wealthy households have pieces of art built into their furniture, such as coffee tables with built-in sculptures or headboards with paintings mounted above them.
4. Display art in unexpected places: The bathroom is often overlooked as a place to display artwork, but a few well-chosen pieces can really liven up the space.
5. Use mirrors to reflect art: Mirrors can be used to great effect in homes with limited wall space. By placing a mirror opposite a piece of artwork, you can create the illusion of doubled space and make small rooms seem larger.
6. Install track lighting: Track lighting is an excellent way to highlight specific pieces of artwork and draw attention to them.
7.Group artwork together: Artwork looks best when it is displayed in groups rather than individually. Try hanging several pieces together to create an impactful gallery wall.
8. Rotate your artwork: If you have a large collection of art, rotate pieces in and out of your home on a regular basis to keep things fresh and interesting.
9. Get creative with storage: If you have valuable artwork that you don’t want to display all the time, consider storing it in a creative way – such as hanging it on rollers so that it can be easily rolled up and out of sight when necessary.
10 Invest in quality framing: Quality framing not only protects your artwork from damage, it also makes it look more attractive and valuable